Semler Industries is proud to offer a revolutionary alternative to traditional Clean-in-Place (CIP) and surface sanitization methods. Aqueous Ozone is 100% biodegradable, environmentally friendly, safe for workers to handle and apply, and much more cost effective than chemical or thermal sanitizing methods.
How Aqueous Ozone Works
- When ozone comes into contact with a microorganism, the weakly bonded oxygen atom oxidizes the cell membrane, ultimately causing osmotic bursting and cell destruction
- The weak bond splits leaving oxygen as a by-product
- Ozone can reduce or replace traditional chemical or thermal CIP disinfection methods
- Ozone disinfects more powerfully than traditional chemical disinfectants
- Ozone reduces chemical sanitizing costs
- Ozone improves uptime potential
- Ozone reduces water consumption
- Ozone leaves no residue so no final rinse is needed.
- Ozone is gentle on equipment
- Ozone can be applied in either flowthrough or recirculating processes